Liposuction for MenTrim and reshape areas of your body resistent to diet and excercise
The Polyclinic Plastic Surgery Center in Seattle provides safe and effective liposuction and contouring services for men. Liposuction is an outpatient procedure used to sculpt a better shape to almost any area of your body by removing excess fat deposits and smoothing out body contour. Improve your body's balance, proportion and contour—learn more below and schedule a consultation today with our award-winning surgeons.
What is liposuction and how does it work?
Liposuction surgery removes excess deposits of fat to sculpt an improved shape to a patient’s body. While liposuction is best known as a fat removal procedure, it is also one of the best procedures to help a patient refine his or her shape. In fact, cosmetic surgeons often use liposuction to refine the results of other procedures, as no other technique allows for such detailed improvements in body contour.
Liposuction has many names, including liposculpture, lipoplasty and lipectomy. It can be performed on the thighs, belly, waist, hips, buttocks, back, upper arms, neck, calves or ankles to help slim and tone the body, creating contours that are more in line with one’s inner self-image.
Liposuction is an outpatient procedure and can be safely performed using local anesthesia, intravenous sedation, or local anesthesia, depending on the nature of the procedure. We make one or more small incisions near the treatment area. A cannula, or thin tube, is inserted through these incisions to loosen excess fat beneath the skin. Then, the fat is suctioned out. The entire procedure can take under an hour or up to 3 hours or longer, depending on the number of areas treated.
- Liposuction removes fat cells from your body, and these fat cells will not grow back
- Liposuction is not a treatment for obesity or a substitute for proper diet and exercise
- Liposuction can be performed alone or along with other plastic surgery procedures, such as facial surgery, male breast reduction, or a male tummy tuck
- Liposuction is an outpatient procedure
- The procedure can take under an hour or up to 3 hours or longer
- Surgery results are typically permanent, but can be affected by weight gain or certain medications
What are the benefits of liposuction and who is an ideal candidate?
Both men and women undergo liposuction every year to achieve a variety of different goals. For men, liposuction can often successfully treat gynecomastia (male reduction surgery) and is paired with a male tummy tuck to create a smoother, firmer stomach profile. We will often use liposuction to enhance the results of other procedures. If one or more of the following apply to you, liposuction is an option to consider:
- I have excess fat deposits on my hips, belly, thighs, neck, chin, arms or chest that won’t respond to diet or exercise. Liposuction is excellent for reducing fatty bulges and sculpting a beautifully natural contour to the body.
- I feel like certain areas are out of proportion with the rest of my figure. Reducing excess fat on one area of the body can bring it into better balance with your natural features.
- I have good skin elasticity – sagging skin is not a problem for me. For optimal results, the skin should have good enough tone to contract to the body’s new contours.
- I am at or near my desired body weight. Liposuction is best for reducing localized fat deposits, and the most satisfied patients are typically happy with their overall weight before surgery.
What are the limitations of liposuction?
It’s important to have realistic expectations about what liposuction can achieve. If any of the following apply to you, then liposuction may only offer limited success in helping you achieve your goals. We will recommend the options best suited to your needs.
- I have loose, sagging skin that I want to address. Since liposuction is designed specifically to target fatty tissue, it will not significantly improve the appearance of loose skin. Other body contouring procedures, such as a male tummy tuck, may be better a option for you.
- I want to lose a significant amount of weight. Liposuction can improve your shape, which can help you look thinner and more fit, but it’s not a weight loss method. While some overweight patients can benefit from the reshaping effects, the most satisfied patients tend to be happy with their weight prior to surgery.
*Source: American Society of Plastic Surgeons
What are the different liposuction techniques available?
What are the different types of gynecomastia procedures?
This technique makes small incision and uses a vacuum like device called a cannula to help remove the fat. Power Assisted Liposuction is a similar technique that involves a tool that enhances the motion of the cannula used to remove the fat.
This technique utilizes ultrasound energy to help break up the fatty tissue and loosen it from the body, allowing for easier removal of larger amounts of fat with a faster surgery. Variations include VASER Liposelection.
Known under brand names like SmartLipo and Slimlipo, these techniques use laser energy to help dislodge fat cells.
This technique uses a vacuum like device to help remove the fat. Power Assisted Liposuction is a similar technique that involves a tool that enhances the motion of the cannula used to remove the fat.
What does recovery from liposuction entail?
Thanks to our conservative techniques and state-of-the-art technology, recovery from liposuction is typically brief, requiring only a few days of rest. Most return fully to normal activity within a few weeks. Bruising, swelling, soreness and tenderness are all to be expected, and we will provide pain medications to ease any discomfort. We will also provide a full aftercare plan for you so you know what to expect at every stage of your recovery.
How do I maintain the results of a liposuction procedure?
Liposuction provides long-term, sustainable results, as long as you continue to follow a healthy regimen of exercise and eating right. It does not change your ability to gain weight - your result will last a lifetime as long as your weight is stable.
Can I perform other procedures in conjunction with liposuction?
Absolutely. Liposuction is ideally paired with other plastic surgery procedures for men including a male tummy tuck and male breast reduction surgery to address gynecomastia—overdeveloped or enlarged breasts in men. This is mainly in cases where enlarged breasts are primarily the result of excess fatty tissue (aka. pseudogynecomastia) or a tummy tuck is required to remove loose skin as a result of weight loss and abdominal muscles need to be tightened.
How much does a liposuction for men cost?
Liposuction for men costs will vary according to the amount of areas treated, and the amount of work required to get your ideal results. Our surgeons will be able to give you a detailed and customized quote for services once you attend your private consultation at our offices in Seattle.
As men's interest in plastic surgery & cosmetic improvements increases into the 21st century, we strive to provide quality options to meet their unique needs with customized care, surgical excellence, and full aesthetic support.
All Male Procedures
Wow! Every single detail of the entire process, from initial consult to the aftercare appointments was flawless. All the encounters with the team of professionals were the best.