The Polyclinic Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic Center in Seattle, Washington, is excited to announce that we are now offering Sculptra, an FDA-approved facial anti-aging injectable treatment unlike any other.
Sculptra is unique in that it helps restore lost volume by stimulating your natural collagen production, which helps the skin naturally renew itself. By stimulating collagen creation within and underneath your skin and fat pads, it acts as a seed to regrow what’s been lost. There is no other product on the market with the same mechanism of action. Results develop gradually over a few months, look completely natural, and last much longer than most other injectables.
What is Sculptra, and how does it work?
The aging process, environmental stressors, and our genetic predisposition cause us to lose collagen at a rate of about 1% annually after the age of 20. This leads to thinning of the skin which results in the formation of wrinkles and folds. A healthy supply of collagen is the source of smooth skin and a youthful appearance and fortunately, Sculptra can help!
Sculptra is an injectable biostimulator made of poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) that works to address the underlying cause of aging skin. Once injected, Sculptra stimulates your body’s natural production of collagen resulting in the restoration of facial volume over time along with a beautiful improvement of the skin’s texture. Results are natural and typically become noticeable after 2-4 sessions. Even better, the effects of Sculptra can last for up to two years!
What are the benefits of Sculptra?
- It is a minimally invasive, non-surgical treatment that requires little downtime.
- It enhances skin tone and texture & improves skin health.
- It boosts collagen growth. Collagen is a natural skin protein that is responsible for keeping the skin firm and plump. As more collagen grows the dermis becomes thicker, enhancing facial volume.
- It offers subtle, natural-looking results. This occurs because of the stimulation of the skin’s natural collagen growth process, which gives the face an overall more youthful appearance.
- It offers long-lasting results. The results of Sculptra may last for up to 2 years, a lot longer than many other cosmetic injectables.
What are the cons?
- Results aren’t permanent but they also can’t be quickly undone if you don’t like the outcome or if you have a complication.
- Sculptra requires patience. You’ll need a minimum of 2 to 4 treatments over a few months to achieve your desired result.
- Possible side effects of a Sculptra treatment include bruising, asymmetry, or the development of nodules under the skin.
Am I a Candidate?
These are some indicators that you may be an especially good candidate:
- Your face has lost volume
This treatment will help plump the face, restoring its youthful contours, and filling in areas that have begun to hollow. The patients who benefit the most from Sculptra are those who have begun to experience a noticeable loss in facial volume and want comprehensive rejuvenation without surgery.
- You’re in Good Health
It helps if you are in good overall health and free of any significant underlying health conditions. Sculptra treatment is not recommended for those who are immunocompromised. It’s also not recommended for patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Your Skin Is in Good Shape
This treatment is also best performed on patients who have skin that is healthy and free of inflammation or infection. If your skin is inflamed, we may recommend postponing your injections.
- You have the patience required to wait for the results
Because Sculptra’s results aren’t apparent for several months, it’s not a great option if you’re in search of a quick-fix treatment before a big event.
How Many Treatments Are Necessary?
Generally speaking, patients can plan to undergo a series of two to four treatments over a period of months. Because each patient has different cosmetic needs, treatment plans will be customized by our talented and experienced nurse injectors, Darcy and Brigid.
Because of the long-lasting improvement it offers, Sculptra can play a key role in your anti-aging regimen.
Interested in learning more? Call our Aesthetic Center today to schedule a consultation. We’d love to help you turn back time with this unique anti-aging treatment! For the month of February 2023 purchase 3 vials and get a complimentary 4th vial!